2ndSkiesForex Course Review
Course Score: 8.75 out of 10
This course ranks #1 against all reviewed courses.
Chris Capre’s “Advanced Price Action” course is a comprehensive online forex course. Unlike many of the other price action courses, the 2ndSkiesForex course covers numerous advanced levels and unique strategies related to price action. In addition, this is a video course that offers members a relatively higher level of understanding in a hassle-free manner.
Chris is very active in every section of the premium area, where he regularly shares his analysis in the market commentary & quizzes section along with answering questions asked by members.
How Recent Are The Lessons?
While the course was first created in 2010, it seems Chris has completely refreshed the course, with 90% of the lessons being updated in June 2016, with the most recent lesson from September 2016, so fresh content is being posted regularly. We have updated this review to reflect the new version of the course.
Chris also appears to host member webinars on an almost monthly basis.
Quality & Value Of The Premium Content?
Most of the course consists of unique pieces of information and strategies. The effectiveness and practical results are clearly shown within the course, with some of the strategies presented only found in the 2ndSkiesForex course.
There is a quiz section at the end of each lesson which allows learners to test their knowledge. The Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) quizzes include charts and graphical illustrations.
A More Elaborate Description Of the Advanced Price Action Course Material
Following is a brief summary of various video lessons included in this course.
Price Action Context
This is the very first chapter of the course in which Chris Capre covers some basic concepts relating to price action and order flow. The chapter comprises of the following videos;
- The Pyramid of Price Action Context – The Basis for Understanding PA: This is an introductory video in which Chris outlines the contents of his Advanced Price Action course and explains why he doesn’t believe in the traditional notion of the price action trading.
- Impulsive vs. Corrective Video: This video explains one of the most fundamental concepts of price action trading i.e. the role and formation of impulsive and correction waves. In this video, the members may learn three characteristics that identify each type of the move and understand how they can play with them when the impulsive/corrective pattern is broken.
- Decoding Trends – Volatile & Non-Volatile Price Action: This video is about the two types of trends i.e. Volatile and Non-Volatile. The video provides information to help members understand the qualities behind each type of trend and what type of order flow is behind them.
- Understanding Key Support & Resistance Zones – 10 Key Tips: This video lesson teaches traders how to relate to support & resistance levels and how to build the skill of identifying and trading these key levels in real time. It contains multiple chart examples of the concept with Chris going into the order flow and price action analysis going into and around support and resistance levels.
- Understanding Key Support & Resistance Zones 2 – LS Zones: It is the part 2 of the aforementioned subject. In this lesson Chris discusses Long Short (L/S) zones and how they should be traded professionally.
Critical Price Action Structures You Need to Know
The second chapter covers various price patterns relating to Price Action. A brief overview of different videos included in this chapter is as follows:
- Large & Small Corrective Structures: In this lesson Chris discusses the three main types of corrective structures i.e. With Trend (WT), Horizontal and Counter Trend (CT). The lesson also explains the sizes of different corrective structures as well as guidelines on how to trade each structure.
- 3-Point HLR Trading: This video lesson is all about 3P HLR pattern. 3P HLR stands for the ‘3 Point Higher Low Reversal’ pattern. It is designed to pick up (only) bullish reversals by identifying a key order flow environment which is favorable for a reversal.Chris explains how to find the three points and trade them effectively.
- The Basic Anatomy of a Breakout: This is the primer video on how to identify breakouts through finding specific pre-breakout characteristics such as 20EMA carry, price action squeeze, along with the other key components. Chris explains in detail that how a trader can start trading breakouts which can be a highly profitable strategy gaining multiple R (reward), well above the typical 2-3R trades.
- Exhaustion Price Action & How to Trade It: In this video lesson Chris first of all introduces exhaustion price action and then explains its categories and major types. He also shows how they can be traded effectively in Forex trading.
Trading Breakouts Like a Pro
This section of the course is all about advanced breakout trading strategies. The members may find the following video lessons here:
- Order Flow Differences between With-Trend and Counter-Trend Breakouts: In this lesson Chris practically demonstrates the difference between with-trend and counter-trend breakouts. He uses charts and practical examples to highlight the difference between the types of breakouts.
- False Break Setups & How to Profit from Them: In this video Chris explains the nature and ability of a trend to persist or breakdown. He also shows how a trader should be prepared for possible scenarios in Forex trading.
- Pressure & Trading Breakouts With Trend: The first part of the video talks about consolidations and how they build up ‘pressure’ on the order books to breakout. There are key things to identify in these environments which this video focuses on. It also talks about watching for ‘constricted’ markets, then watching for the breakouts and trading with the direction of those trends.
- Failed breakouts, Two Touches and Advanced Breakout Entries: This video goes over the flaky breakout setups and how to avoid them. The members may also find useful discussions on the two touches to qualify the breakout and how to find more advanced breakout entries.
Tactics & Trade Management Skills
This chapter covers guidelines for trading instruments, common mistakes made by beginner or even experienced traders, the 90/10 rule that every trader should know, trade management and how to trade news releases. Below is a short summary of various trading lessons that members may find in this chapter;
- The Ultimate Guide to Trading Instruments: This lesson comprises of a comprehensive guideline for trading different instruments and tactics as to how you can approach each instrument for optimum profitability in Forex trading.
- Trading beyond Confirmation and Rookie Mistakes: In this video lesson Chris emphasizes that waiting for confirmations in price action trading is a beginner-level approach which a trader should avoid in order to optimize profitability.
- The 90/10 Rule of Trading All Professionals Know: This is one of the most valuable lessons of the 2ndskiesforex course in which Chris discusses a golden rule of trading that all professional traders must know.
- 108 SF Trading (Trade Management Part 1): It addresses some effective trade management methods and position sizing in Forex trading.
- How to Trade Announcements: In this video lesson Chris presents his philosophy and approach to deal with different news releases.
Risk & Money Management Methods
This chapter covers various methods and strategies to manage risk in Forex trading.
- Your Trading Edge, Expectancy and Trade Frequency – Why These Matter: In first lesson of the chapter Chris talks about the importance of risk management, low drawdown and what should be an approach towards managing risk in Forex trading.
- The Risk of Ruin and Why You Need A % Based Risk Model: This is a very useful lesson in which Chris unveils a critical formula to avoid risk of ruin in the Forex trading.
- Drawdowns & Max Risk Models: In this lesson, Chris talks about various strategies and risk models to achieve low drawdown and he emphasizes the importance of capital preservation in trading.
This part of the premium section contains 8 videos lessons – all focused on the psychology of a Forex trader. The lessons explain how psychological mistakes and emotions can kill your trading performance even though you are a good trader. In these lessons Chris shares some very useful tips and guidelines to be psychologically strong while trading.
This is particularly unique, as no other price action course we have reviewed discusses this. Chris places a lot of emphasis on mindset, and this section highlights that.
Live Trading Commentaries
This section consists of various live trading commentaries. As of this writing, there are 15 live trading videos in this section. Each video explains a particular concept such as impulsive & corrective waves, price action trading using key support/resistance zones, attacking a corrective structure with trend, trade management in real-time and many others.
Prep to Review
This part of the premium section comprises of 7 video lessons, describing different stages of preparation before entering into a trade.
This section is dedicated for sharing routine trade setups. Many trade setups are shared on daily basis by the members of 2ndskies. Anyone can share his/her trade setup in this section and seek opinion of other members about a particular trade setup.
In this section only Chris shares his trading setups and commentary about different assets. He mostly shares weekly trading ideas and setups at the start of every week.
It contains different webinars by Chris on miscellaneous topics. So far there are 19 webinar entries on topics ranging from price action strategies to money management.